Winter is here, so my boyfriend and I love making easy and tasty soups and stews. My boyfriend’s all time favorite soup is, corn chowder! He loves it as it reminds him of when he was a kid having school lunch. I always try to make all of his favorite foods, as it not only makes him happy, but I know exactly what kind of ingredients are being used. Please see below my easy and quick corn chowder. Enjoy! You’ll definitely be making this recipe a couple of times this winter.
Quick & Easy Corn Chowder
- 1 Can of Creamed Style Corn
- 1 Can of Evaporated Milk
- 6 round gold potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 Tablespoons of Onion Salt
- 6 pieces of thick cut bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 11/2 cups of chicken broth
In a Large pot, fry bacon pieces over medium heat, mixing frequently until pieces are crispy on the edges. Then, add-in cubed potatoes to the bacon, mixing over medium heat for approximately 1 minute. Then, add-in the can of creamed corn, evaporated milk, 11/2 cups of chicken broth and 1 Tablespoon of onion powder. Mix thoroughly and let simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender, stirring frequently.
Serve warm with your favorite sandwich. The sandwich that my boyfriend prefers, as it reminds him of his school lunches, is a classic tuna sandwich.
Tuna Sandwich Mix
- I can of tuna in vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Sweet Dill Relish – Optional
- 2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise (Preferably Best Foods)
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
Mix thoroughly and serve in a Brioche Bun or on any bread of your choice